25 April 2012

I met Jane at the center of the earth--it was dark, there was dirt all around. But I gather you can figure that. Jane says, it's a long way out.

[I'm gonna make it out.]

Jane says, you're as Holy as a ghost, but who loves you the most? If you offer I might let you carry me. In the end it's the wealth of your spirit, now hurry up get on with it.

I went left I got right at some big hotel. There was a devil at the bottom of the wishing well. He said, you better give me something good--like everybody else I'm misunderstood. I took a guess and cut a portion out of my heart.

He said, that's nowhere close enough but it's a damn good start. He said I've seen one, it follows that I've seen them all. We spoke of human destination in a perfect world and derived the nature of the universe [found it unfulfilled].

As I took him in my arms he screamed, I'm not insane! I'm just looking for someone to understand my pain.

It's a long way out.
I'm gonna make it out.


The Devil In the Wishing Well, Five For Fighting

No comments: